2015 is an important time for business owners to realise the opportunities selling online can present. Overheads are reduced, geographical barriers are non-existent, and you are never closed. It is estimated, however that over 77% of small Irish businesses are not engaged in E-Commerce trading in an effective way. The growth in trust and popularity of the internet has resulted in a spike in online trading rates. With the popularity of shopping online increasing, more small Irish businesses must take advantage of the benefits offered by trading online.
In order to promote the growth of Irish businesses online, the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) has launched a Trading Online Voucher Programme. Partnered with the Local Enterprise Offices, this Trading Online Voucher will provide small Irish businesses with the financial aid they need to catapult themselves into the realms of E-Commerce. Vouchers are available to a maximum value of €2500 or 50% of eligible expenditure, whichever is the lesser. Applications for the voucher must also be completed and approved before any expense is incurred by the business.
- Currently have a limited online trading presence
- Less than 10 employees
- Turnover less than €2m
- Registered and Trading for at least 12 months
- Business must be located in one of the pilot areas under this phase of the scheme.
Groups that do NOT Qualify
- Companies with charitable status
- Commercial semi-state companies
- ‘Not for Profit’ organisations
- Trade associations and company representation bodies
Get in contact with us here at Magictime Apps and we’ll be glad to help evaluate whether or not you qualify.
- Insert images related to shopping online to help break up the text. Eg. Have the entire first paragraph over to the right hand side with an image to the left. Make it easy to read.
- Make the lists more fun than just a list of text. Have them in sparkling circles under a heading of ‘Qualifying Criteria’ and ‘Groups that do NOT Qualify’
- Insert the links to the following bolded words found in the blog.
Trading Online Voucher Programme = https://www.localenterprise.ie/DublinCity/Financial-Assistance/Types-of-Grants/Online-Trading-Voucher/
Get in contact = http://magictimeapps.com/contact/
August 2015Download PDF here